Friday, February 20, 2009

A Great Friday!

Hey everyone, it's Breanna again! It has been so incredibly fun to spend another day in Ensenada. Before I continue, I have to make a little comment about our time last night. Some local was quite smitten with Carolyn and kept asking us what her name was. He finally concluded with saying that she was muy bonita (very beautiful). As you can imagine, we haven't stopped teasing, even going so far as to serenade her with a beautiful Spanish folk song. But on to today. We woke up with the sun pouring into our windows and our backs feeling the pain of the work we did yesterday. After an interesting breakfast (beans, spicy red sausage, and eggs with chicken though most of us ate cereal and yogurt) we headed out once again for the site. It was so wonderful to already have an established connection with the family and to see their smiling faces once again. As soon as we dedicated the day to the Lord through a prayers in English and Espanol, we headed to work. I, again, painted and painted and painted. At a break I talked to the children about how my hands were totally white and disgusting. With all this painting, I have learned that it is incredibly important to pay attention to all the verbs learned in Spanish class. I think I have used the verb pintar (to paint) more than common words like hola, adios, gracias, or de nada. I also found it important to remember these obscure verbs as I made a major mistake that caused the locals a lot of laughter. I'll tell you about it if you ask me. Anyway, I was praying for many of you back home today as I painted an endless amount of trim. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers constantly! (And Mom, I finally understand why you complain about staining all of that trim two summers ago. I love you!)

We are getting ready for a Wal Mart run to purchase food, clothing, and household supplies for the family. We'll update more later on tonight! Look for pictures too (although they will probably be posted around midnight your time):>) Thanks for all of your prayers. -- Brian

1 comment:

Jeff Bauman said...

Great to hear things are going so well! Can't wait to see photos from today.